Friday 1 July 2016

And now meet Isobel Mills:


As a school teacher, I enjoy spending my long summer break visiting different parts of the world, meeting new people and learning about their way of life.  Over the past few years I have joined short term mission teams to Uganda, Moldova and Kosovo, working with indigenous churches on a variety of projects, involving building, children's holiday clubs, visiting war widows and entertaining the elderly.  I am looking forward to my first trip to Rwanda in August and finding out about the joys and challenges for those living in Christian communities there.   I am particularly interested in visiting schools in Rwanda, where I understand that the nation has recently taken the decision to teach children through the medium of English.  I would be happy to offer to help in schools there, if this might be of assistance.  Also I expect to learn a lot about the different approach to education in Rwanda, which I may then share with my primary school pupils here in England, to broaden their learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment